Eclipse RCP+Spring+EMF+Teneo – hibernate and plugin versions

Ran into a bit of trouble the other day using teneo. A particular plugin, org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.libraries is a provider of the hibernate libraries. However in my application, I have defined a target plug-in profile that also includes the springsource osgi hibernate bundles. Hence, I kept getting a bundle “uses” error.

By creating an OSGi launch profile and launching just the OSGi prompt (add –console to the argument list in the launch profile), I discovered that these two plugins were both trying to provide hibernate classes but specified at different levels. The uses clause error detected that I could have a potential conflict and signalled an error that bundles dependent on hibernate could not be resolved. This is a good thing for detecting errors.  The bad thing is that I then worked to eliminate the plugin uses clause and went down a path of trying to find the right set of versioned plugins that satisfied all dependencies. That can be hard work but I was happy that it occurred prior to running the application where a runtime error could have taken awhile to figure out. I wish, however, that there were better visual tools to help trace through bundle dependencies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quick note on scala.js, react hooks, monix, auth

zio environment and modules pattern: zio, scala.js, react, query management

user experience, scala.js, cats-effect, IO